All photographs on this Blog are copyrighted © by the photographer, whose permission is required for any usage. Contact me by E-mail

27/04/2008

NamibRand Nature Reserve, Namibia


This is a photo taken in the NamibRand Nature Reserve. This is a private nature reserve in Southwestern Namibia on the namib Desert. Founded in 1992, it is 172,200 hectares (1,722 km²), making it probably the biggest nature reserve in Southern Africa and shares a 100 km border with Namib-Naukluft National Park to the west and the Nubib mountains to the east.

4 comments:

PAPANDREOU THOMAS said...

I love your site and you have beautiful photos. Excellent! I hope to see more from you daily when I visit your site. Bravo! If you want to, we could exchange our respective links. If you agree, please post a comment in my blog http://papandreouthomas.blogspot.com about it. Thanks and congratulations!!

Waldo Oiseau said...

Looks like an amazing place! I recently met a woman from Namibia -- very interesting. Apparently, it's one of the least populated country with all this rugged desert.

babooshka said...

This is an amzing photo. The clours and light are superb. I love the wide angled crop to , adds real emphasise to the subjEct

Namib Naturalist said...

I worked on Namib Rand Nature Reserve for many years and I am deeply in love with the place. Great photo of the dunes.