All photographs on this Blog are copyrighted © by the photographer, whose permission is required for any usage. Contact me by E-mail

24/06/2008

The Springbok, the Camelthorn Tree and the Fairy Circles, Namibia


This photo was taken in the NamibRand Nature Reserve in Namibia, and show 4 emblematic subjects you can find in the area : the red sand dunes, a Springbok, a lost Camelthorn Tree (Accacia Erioloba) and less commonly known some Fairy Circles which are some very enigmatic barren patches found in the grasslands, and not yet entirely explained by scientists. See also this article Enigma of Namibia's 'fairy circles' to know more...

4 comments:

Janice said...

I like this photo. Interesting read about the Fairy Circles.

Thank you for stopping by my site.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful photo, nice caption and very interesting links on these fairy circle. Instructive, thanks for sharing

Marie-Noyale said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
There is a LOT to learn for me here, and thank you for the opportunity.
I would not dare comment on your pictures but my eyes are leaving Happy from what they saw here;

Umair said...

this is remarkable photography indeed! your work is full of zest for life and keen observations of people and places. i admire oyur artistic vision and drive for beauty wherever you find it. regards!