All photographs on this Blog are copyrighted © by the photographer, whose permission is required for any usage. Contact me by E-mail

31/10/2008

Halloween


Halloween, or Hallowe’en, is a holiday celebrated on the night of October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costumes parties, visiting "haunted houses", carving Jack-o'-lanterns, reading scary stories and watching horroe movies. Irish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America in the nineteenth century. Other western countries embraced the holiday in the late twentieth century.

Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain, which is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes regarded as the "Celtic New Year".

3 comments:

Shinade said...

Oh my how wonderful. I hope you enjoyed a fabulous Halloween. I go next week to get my new camera.

And then I too can begin to learn to get great macros!!

Wonderful Loic!!

this too will pass said...

great shot

classicalgeek said...

Absolutely stunning!