All photographs on this Blog are copyrighted © by the photographer, whose permission is required for any usage. Contact me by E-mail

24/10/2008

Louvre Pyramid and Museum, Paris


This is a photo of the Louvre Pyramid, in the courtyard of the Louvre Museum (Musée du Louvre) in Paris, France. Completed in 1989, it has become a landmark for the city. Designed by the architect I. M. Pei, the structure, which was constructed entirely with glass segments, reaches a height of 20.6 meters, its square base has sides of 35 meters and it consists of 603 rhombus-shaped and 70 triangular glass segments.See also very interesting greatbuildings.com 's dedicated page on the Pyramid.

4 comments:

Shinade said...

Oh my word you are amazing!! Your work is incredible.

I am just a novice. I moved from oils to graphics and now I'm hooked for life on photography.

But, I am waiting for a decent camera. I hope to have it in a couple of weeks.

Oh my word what an inspiration you are.

I am so glad that you dropped your card on me.

Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Bob Johnson said...

Wow, great shot, you have some good work here.

Ryan said...

Very beautiful picture!

FunnyBrew.com said...

Pretty cool pics!