This is a photo of The Royal Palace (official name "Haw Kham") in Luang Prabang, Laos, taken from the top of the Phousi mountain.
It was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family. The architecture of the building has a mixed of traditional Lao motifs and French Beaux Arts styles. The site for the palace was chosen so that official visitors to Luang Prabang could disembark from their river voyages directly below the palace (Mekong River) and be received there. After the death of King Sisavang Vong, the crown Prince Savang Vatthana and his family were the last to occupy the grounds. In 1975, the monarchy was overthrown by the communists. The palace was then converted into a national museum.