This is a photo of Rievaulx Abbey, a former Cistercian abbey headed by the Abbot of Rievaulx. It is located in the village of Rievaulx, near Helmsley in North Yorkshire, England.
It was once one of the wealthiest abbeys in England and was dissolved by Henry VIII of England in 1538.
Rievaulx Abbey was founded in 1132 by twelve French monks from Clairvaux Abbey as a mission centre for the colonisation of the north of England and Scotland. It was the first Cistercian abbey in the north. With time it became one of the great Cistercian abbeys of Yorkshire, second only to Fountains Abbey in fame.