All photographs on this Blog are copyrighted © by the photographer, whose permission is required for any usage. Contact me by E-mail

05/06/2011

Jasper Ward House, 45 Peck Slip, Manhattan, New York City


This is a photo of the historic Jasper Ward House at 45 Peck Slip, the current home of Dodo's, an organic health foodstore, constructed in 1808 and rennovated by 3-D Laboratory Inc. from a deteroriated shell in 2004. This structure was the only one spared by Con Edison when they built the South Street Substation in the 1970s and then donated it to the South Street Seaport Museum. This handsome nearly 200 year old counting house was erected on land Jasper purchased speculatively when it was still under water two centuries ago.

4 comments:

Study in UK said...

I don’t necessarily agree however I can understand where you are coming from with that. At least it was well thought out.

Anonymous said...

It was such a pleasure reading it. I have bookmarked it and I will show it to my friend, she is a huge fan of this subject.


Education Consultants karachi

Boundless Technologies said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've made in writing this posting. I'm hoping the same very best function from you inside future too.






Web Design

Beechers Josh said...

I have found your site to be quite useful. Keep updating your site with in valuable
information... Regards

Ground Coffee
Best Coffee
original coffee
American coffee
Retail Coffee
Coffee Aroma
special coffee
Coffee beans
Coffee wholesale
CSR activity in Coffee business